Popular Posts

Sunday, October 25, 2009

LOVE TANK

I was privilege to hear a sermon one morning that really hit home, you know there is always that sermon that brings about reflection or guilt. The pastor spoke about relationship (more so within a marriage) and how many of us don’t speak the same language. I of course began to laugh, because I have joked that my wife acts like I am speaking some foreign language. The speaker went on to paraphrase from a powerful author, Dr. Gary Chapman about the, ‘The Five Love Languages.’ I found it quite interesting and so I listened and took notes. The speaker explained that the five love languages are: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and of course men’s favorite Physical Touch.

From my understanding of what was said, one must seek to find what love language your partner reacts to and use that to motivate a positive result. For example, if you find that your mate enjoys having long walks on the beach with you, then it might be safe to speculate that their love language is quality time. With that in mind, you may want to make time to cater to their love language to maintain a healthy relation. The speaker also made analogy that I definitely appreciated. He compared a relationship to vehicle low on fuel, eventually it will stop completely if it is not refueled. So, in relation we all must take time and learn our significant other’s love language so we can circumvent the relationship running out of fuel. I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t want anyone else refueling my wife’s tank.

by: Drew L. Hinds (author & mentor)

DREWLHINDS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment